Saturday, July 03, 2004

PGCE Complete

As of Friday, my PGCE course ended. I am just waiting to not be called at random by the Final Exam Board on the 15th and be awarded the Certificate and QTS.

This has been a rough year. It has not been particularly demanding in an academic way. This is not my only post-graduate work or qualification. Combining family, teaching, professional preparation sessions, subject sessions, and the coursework has been a lot.

Some people have said that the NQT year isn't as bad for SCITT-trained teachers as it is for those taking other pathways. Of course this was said before the latest load of Government hoops through which we must jump.

Tuesday I visit my new school. It is Year 6 day and I will be meeting my new form. I may not be a great form tutor, but at least as Year 7s they won't have anyone with whom to compare me. Of course my induction tutor will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home